The Pohlman Family

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Genevyra Lynn Pohlman has arrived.


Yep, our sweet little baby girl is here. I will give the short run down. We went to see the doctor early Monday morning and after doing an ultrasound they decided that the baby did not have much amniotic fluid left. They sent us over to the hospital at 10 and started to induce labor at 12 with cervadil. I had contractions and was uncomfortable all of Monday, but at midnight I was still no farther along. They let me sleep until 6 am(thought the contractions continued). Tuesday morning they started pitocin and the contractions got stronger. I finally got an epidural around 2ish in the afternoon. It was beautiful while it lasted, but they had to come in and top it off a couple of times. Things moved a bit quicker after that. I got to start pushing around 10:30 Tuesday night (I think the Twins game had just gotten over). At 12:40 Wednesday morning Genevyra was born. She did awesome for the whole labor and delivery. Her heartbeat stayed strong and constant. She weighed 7 lbs 13 oz at birth and was 20 1/2 inches. Her name was my great grandmother's middle name with a "y" added, of course. We are calling her Evy for short. We got to come home on Thursday afternoon and it is just wonderful and amazing. I have more pics to download, so I promise more updates later.

1 Comments:

  • Evy, it was great to meet you yesterday! You have a wonderful caring family! Looking forward to watching you grow up.

    By Blogger Zoey L., at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home