The Pohlman Family

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

And now for all the getting ready


The baby's room is so cute and so many people helped us put it all together. So now I have to show it off...

This is one end of the room. You can see the crib to the right and the dresser/changing table to the left. My dad and Larye put together the crib (we have some great video of that). Larye and his mom and dad put together the dresser and painted it. All the painting was done while I was gone at one very long church meeting (Synod Assembly). A big shout out goes to Chris Anderson for joining Larye on his failed attempts to get this dresser from Ikea, and his wonderful help hauling it up the stairs when it finally came in at the store.

You can kind of see the painting my mom did in that picture, but in this one you can also see how big the baby is today. So in this picture (from today) I am 39 weeks and 2 days.

Larye's mom and a few of her friends painted the room "Curious George" yellow, and then my mom came and painted Curious George on the wall. I am pretty sure she did it just looking at the picture from the book. She is seriously talented. Her and my Uncle Tim did stenciling all around the room of little jungle vines and a few of George's other animal friends. It is so wonderful to go in there and just feel surrounded by all the love and time and work that everyone put into it all because they already love this baby so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home